The part-time assistant coach for Women's Swimming and Diving is responsible for assisting the head Women's Swimming and Diving coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Women's Swimming and Diving program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III conference and University rules and regulations
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community
- Along with the head coach, implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes
- As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition
- As directed by the head coach, schedule games, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel
- Assist with managing the Women's Swimming and Diving operating budget
- Assist with evaluating program effectiveness
- Monitor student-athletes' academic progression
- Other duties as assigned by the head Women's Swimming and Diving coach and/or Director of Athletics
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Experience: Collegiate participation experience in Women's Swimming and Diving highly desirable. Must maintain certification in first aid/CPR/AED throughout entire appointment.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Google Apps, other programs as determined by specific sport responsibilities
Certificates & Licenses: A valid US driver's license is required. Certification in first aid/CPR/AED is required by first date of appointment and must be maintained throughout appointment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience working with young adults.
- Desire to work in a rural, small-school environment devoted to providing liberal arts education, building community, and helping students prepare for their future careers.
Apply through DePauw Human Resources https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1154451&d=ExternalCareerSite