About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Part-Time Head Women's & Men's Swimming & Diving Coach.
Duties: The Head Women's & Men's Swimming & Diving Coach will report to the athletic director, and will be responsible for managing all facets of the women's and men's swimming and diving team in accordance with NJCAA, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
The head coach will be responsible for:
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach and team manager; providing supervision for these staff members.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season and post-season meets.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
- Some driving may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required.
- Four years of successful head coaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills required.
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player development and fostering holistic success in team members preferred.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Must be able to obtain CPR / AED and lifeguard certification prior to the time of appointment.
Stipend Range: $10,000-$12,500 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance)
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.