Hendrix College invites applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, a full-time 10-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics. The College seeks an individual to lead its up and coming swimming program that will work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff across the Hendrix Community to advance excellence. The Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach will work with the Director of Athletics, Recreation & Wellness to support the overall mission and vision of Hendrix College.
The head coach will be responsible for all facets of the swimming program. The primary emphasis for the position is the recruitment and retention of qualified student –athletes, and the administration of a competitive NCAA Division III baseball program.
Hendrix College is located in Conway, Arkansas and is a member of the NCAA Division III and of the Southern Athletic Association (SAA).
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
· Preference will be given to the candidate who has swimming and or coaching experience at the intercollegiate level and who can demonstrate a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes who fit the academic profile of the student body
· The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other members of the College community.
· The successful applicant will be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and role of intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of the student –athletes.
· A valid driver's license is required.
To apply visit - https://goo.gl/3cc2jE
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Julie Brown, Director of Academic Success and Section 504 Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (not for applications), 501-505-2954