The University of Miami, a Division I member of the NCAA and a member of the ACC, is accepting applications for a Volunteer Assistant Swim Coach. This person will also serve as a paid assistant for Hurricane Aquatics (CANES), a USA Swimming affiliated club. Under the supervision of both Head Coaches, this person will have the opportunity to play an important role in the success of the programs, while gaining valuable experience at both the college and club level. This position has proven to be a great way to develop coaching skills and advance coaching careers.
Responsibilities will be largely based on the candidate’s strengths, but will include:
- Participating in design of season plans, daily workouts, and meet line-ups
- On deck coaching of various groups, and working one-on-one with swimmers to help them improve
- Participating in coaching education
- Gaining knowledge in NCAA, ACC, FINA and USA Swimming rules, and support the head coaches in ensuring that the athletes adhere to those rules
- Assisting in meet, practice and event management
- Learning to use and become proficient in sport specific software (Meet Manager, Team Manager, etc)
In order to serve in this position the candidate must be eligible to work for the university, and must comply with all NCAA, ACC and USA Swimming rules.
The candidate must be current in the following certifications or be prepared to acquire certification prior to coaching:
- CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training
- USA Swimming membership in good standing
- Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training
- Background checks through USA Swimming and the University of Miami
- Foundations of Coaching
About the University of Miami
A private research university with more than 15,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South Florida region and beyond. The University of Miami was recently named No. 38 in the U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Colleges” issue – the highest ranking of all Florida schools. UM is a Division I institution and a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and sponsors 18 varsity teams. The Hurricanes have won 22 team national titles, including five in football and four in baseball.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com