This is an at-will position.
Valid Driver's License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy Found at: http://www.uwyo.edu/auxserv/fleet/Official-Vehicle-Policy/OVP.pdf required.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
The University of Wyoming, a Division I member of the NCAA and member of the Mountain West Conference (Women’s Swimming and Diving) and the Western Athletic Conference (Men’s Swimming and Diving), has an immediate full-time opening for the Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach position.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the search/recruitment, selection, education/instruction, development/training and evaluation of student-athletes.
- Responsible for assisting with the administrative duties of the head coach.
- Help enforce and communicate team rules and regulations regarding, but not limited to, academic, athletic and social expectations/guidelines as established by the head coach.
- Works closely with the Office of Academic Support (OAS) to ensure student-athletes progress towards graduation.
- Works closely with Sports Medicine staff and team physicians to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Works closely with Sports Performance staff to develop a comprehensive sports performance program within a specific training group.
- Works with the Communications Department on all related matters to ensure the appropriate information is relayed to the social media, media and community in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Assists the Cowboy Joe Club in fundraising activities/events.
- Develops a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport, and actively seeks to develop new performance methods and strategies.
- Maintains high ethical standards and practices.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adheres to all applicable University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
At a minimum, the successful applicant for this position must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- College and/or national/Olympic level coaching experience;
- Excellent written communication skills, as demonstrated in application materials.
Further consideration will be given to those applicants who possess:
- A working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated high ethical standards;
- Successful recruiting experience;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level;
- Collegiate and/or national/Olympic level participant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, in a multicultural environment.
Complete on-line application and upload the following as one document: cover letter, resume and contact information for three work-related references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This position is open until filled, however review of resumes will begin on July 9th, 2018. Priority will be given to applications received by this deadline.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. To review the EEO is the Law Poster and its Supplement, please see The Diversity & Fairness page.
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Welcome to Laramie
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Contact Dave Denniston, Head Coach
Phone: (307) 766-3620│ Cell: (303) 517-6450
Apply at this link: