Salary: Part Time, TBD
Division: Homewood Student Affairs
Under supervision of the Head Coach, this person will be responsible for many areas of the day-to-day operations involved with operating the Johns Hopkins Swimming program. Duties vary from assisting in practice planning, game day management, equipment organization, in pool coaching, coordinating academic support, fundraising, community service, coordinating strength and conditioning routine with team’s strength coach, and all other administrative responsibilities associated with this Division III Swimming program.
Essential Job Functions:
Directly responsible for administrative functions of program including but not limited to the following: organizing team travel, creating itineraries, planning logistics and gathering receipts from travel expenditures.
Assist in the development of the Johns Hopkins Swimming program’s philosophy and culture.
Assist in the development and organization of our team practices.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Details included in Special Knowledge, Skills or Abilities section.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of computer technology to assist head coach in recruiting, alumni relations, and fundraising