Under general direction of the Men’s Swimming & Diving Coach, assist with the responsibilities of the Division III Men’s Swimming program as in accordance and compliance with NCAA, NJAC, and The College of New Jersey policies and regulations. The responsibilities of this position include practice preparation and implementation, recruiting, fundraising, travel, public relations, and other duties as assigned.
The College of New Jersey Athletic Department strives for excellence in providing a nationally competitive athletic and academic experience. We support the well-rounded student-athlete by developing the student-athlete academically, athletically and socially in preparation for life after college. We aim to recruit, advance and graduate student-athletes who are committed to personal growth, character development, serving the greater good of the campus and community, and embracing the ideals of the NCAA Division III Philosophy. The College of New Jersey provides equitable opportunities for men and women to participate in nationally competitive athletic programs under the guidelines of the New Jersey Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Previous playing and/or coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level
Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Assists in all aspects of the Men’s Swimming program in conjunction with the head coach.
- Assists in practice preparation and implementation of workouts to assigned group.
- Aids in the recruitment of qualified prospective student-athletes.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors academic, health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Division and sport program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and references to Head Swimming & Diving Coach Dave Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.