Duties: The Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach will report to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach, and will be responsible for managing assigned facets of the women’s & men’s Swimming & Diving Team, in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations. Assistant coach duties may include assisting the head coach with any of the following responsibilities:
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development and supervision.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season and post-season meets.
- Entering athletes for scheduled events as required by meet directors in advance of deadline.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
- Assuming full responsibility for the team in the absence of the head coach.
- Some driving may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or completion of two years in an accredited post-secondary institution of learning, required.
- Two years of coaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Must be able to obtain CPR / AED and lifeguard certification prior to the time of appointment.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets required.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips required.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing preferred.
Stipend Range: $5,000-$7,500 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance).
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
Affiliation: NJCAA DIII / Region XV