Institition: Fresno Pacific University
Job Title: Assistant Men's & Women's Swimming Coach (Multiple Positions)
Position Description: Position Summary:
The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach reports to the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. The Assistant Coach assists in the day-to-day operations of the program, ensuring that it functions at a high-level and remains in compliance with all NCAA, Conference, and University rules and policies. The Assistant Coach may also serve as the Recruiting Coordinator. One of these positions may also serve as a Graduate Assistant and receive a full tuition waiver to a master's level program at Fresno Pacific University.
• Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
• Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
• Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
• Assist in all areas of practice planning, scouting, practice activities and individual coaching
• Assist in recruitment of student-athletes, under the direction of head coach
• Player Wellness: Facilitate a positive team culture that manifests itself on and off the field of play, putting the student-athlete’s well-being first.
• Hire and oversee team managers
• Input all compliance information into ACS
• Direct and supervise student managers and on occasion other assistant coaches
• Assist in planning all travel-arrangements
• Promote academic success through discipline and accountability
• Arrange tutors and communicate with faculty regarding missed classes
• Send required information to Admissions regarding all recruited prospects
• Organize all schedules: practice, game, classes, player development, and weights
• Facility liaison: reserve field times, and meeting rooms
• Communicate with training staff regarding the team’s schedule
• Facilitate equipment ordering through the direction of head coach
• Conduct individual and/or small-group film sessions with players
• Assist in coordinating alumni functions
• Assist and organize fundraising efforts
• Conduct bi-weekly academic meetings with players
• Conduct weekly class attendance check
• May serve as Recruiting Coordinator at the direction of head coach
• Fulfill all assignments to the program as assigned by the head coach
• Evening and weekend hours and overnight travel are required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Previous successful coaching experience within the sport of swimming.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Expressed commitment to NCAA legislation and compliance
• Proven commitment to athletic and academic success.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous successful NCAA coaching experience.
• Demonstrated success in recruiting at the collegiate level
How to Apply:: To apply visit www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers and complete an FPU Staff Application. Send completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to Katelyne Herrington, Head Swimming & Diving Coach at email@example.com
Your Name: Jeremiah Wood
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 5/31/2019