Institition: Carnegie Mellon University
Job Title: Assistant Swimming Coach/Assistant Aquatics Director
Position Description: Carnegie Mellon University’s Athletics department is searching for an Assistant Swimming Coach/Assistant Aquatics Director. This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by assisting the head coach with all aspects of the swimming program.
Core responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the head coach with planning, implementation, and supervision of swim practice and workouts in pool and weight room
* Assisting Director of Aquatics in supervision of lifeguards and aquatic facility
* Setting up and dismantling pool for meets, including on deck computer, timing system, bleachers, chairs, sound system, and other deck preparations;
* Recruiting of potential student-athletes via phone, email, or personal contact;
* Teaching in the physical education program
Other duties as assigned.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Athletics department. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should be able to travel and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
This is a full-time 10-month academic year appointment.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
The following certifications are required:
Certified Pool Operator
Pesticide Applicator ( State License)
AMR/YMCA Lifeguard Training
CPR/AED, First Aid, Water Safety Instructor
Qualified candidates who can contribute through their work/life experiences to the diversity and excellence of the academic community are encouraged to apply.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
How to Apply:: https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl
Your Name: Carnegie Mellon
Email Address: email@example.com