Institition: John Carroll University
Job Title: Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach
Position Description: • The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coaching Instructor will help facilitate practice time, assist the Head Swimming and Diving Coach with the development of strategies for a successful program including well organized practice plans and participation in the development and execution of game strategies.
• Assist with the monitoring of academic progress and meet with individual student-athletes to ensure academic success and compliance with university and NCAA academic standards.
• Mentor student-athletes as to proper conduct and decorum.
• Comply with the Head Swimming and Diving Coaching Instructors’ philosophy and assist with communicated this philosophy with all stakeholders.
• Assist with the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, and the tracking of them through the Frontrush system.
• Help coordinate official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes in compliance with NCAA requirements.
• Assist in the development of community outreach programs, and promotional activities in collaboration with internal staff, and assist in approved fundraising activity as designated by the head coach.
• Represent department and institution to internal and external constituents.
• Help coordinate all administrative requirements for the team including: travel arrangements and itineraries; equipment and uniform purchases.
• Attend rules education, sessions and complete necessary forms for compliance upon request.
• Follow proper procedures for purchasing and resource allocation and monitor spending.
• Attend athletic department meetings and collaborate with the Head Athletics Coaching Instructor and Athletic Director / Assistant Athletic Directors on schedules, programs and engagement.
• Participate in pre-season and post-season meetings and programs as appropriate..
• Support Head Swimming and Diving Coaching Instructor’s decisions.
• Responsible for adhering to a system of budget management and accountability.
• Follow all University and NCAA policies and regulations.
• Meet all deadlines for paperwork (i.e. rosters, physicals, officials ratings, etc . . . . . ).
• Exhibit enthusiasm towards athletes and display respect for the entire program (i.e. officials, opponents, parents, schools, property, equipment, etc . . .).
• Dress appropriately and professionally for games, practices, recruit/family visits and other school/athletic functions.
• Foster school spirit by promoting other sports.
• Maintain fair, consistent, and appropriate relationships with student athletes.
• Maintain composure and exemplary conduct during practice and games.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of one (1) year of collegiate coaching experience or two (2) years successful coaching experience as head or assistant coach at the high school level or equivalent experience.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
• Must understand and comply with NCAA , conference, and University rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate students in a positive manner.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize effectively, teach fundamentals and techniques associated with the sport and experience with teams that are competitive and show evidence of being well coached.
• Demonstrated ability to provide positive leadership and to serve as a positive role model as a coach and colleague.
• Successful prior participation in the sport at the high school, college or professional level.
How to Apply:: https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1653
Your Name: Mark Fino
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4/1/2019