Institition: The University of Virginia
Job Title: Volunteer Assistant Coach
Position Description: The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is looking to fill the position of Volunteer Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Volunteer Coach will assist the coaching staff with the day-to-day functions of practice, on-campus recruiting visits and administrative duties. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn the operations of a Division I program with the eventual goal of becoming a college coach.
An ideal candidate would have experience and expertise related to:
• Organizational skills
• Logistical expertise (team trips, meets, practice)
• Data collection experience
• Prospect identification and ranking
• CTS Operation skills
• Proficient with Meet/Team Manager software
• Proficient in DisplayLink and scoreboard operations
• Timing equipment set up and breakdown
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Apple Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere
• Film, photo and graphic design experience
How to Apply:: To apply, email your credentials to the Head Coach of the Swimming and Diving program, Todd DeSorbo, at email@example.com.
Your Name: Tyler Fenwick
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 6/1/2019