Institition: Gettysburg College
Job Title: Head Men's and Women's Swimming Coach and Aquatics Director
Position Description: Gettysburg College, in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced professional for a full-time position as Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach and Aquatics Director. Gettysburg is an undergraduate liberal arts and sciences college, which enrolls approximately 2,600 primarily residential students. The College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who has a strong administrative, collaborative and student-focused background to serve in this position.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position reporting to the Executive Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation. Successful candidates will have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues and community members. Responsibilities for the leadership, organization, administration and supervision of all aspects of the Division III men’s and women’s swimming program, include, but not limited to:
• recruit and retain highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success;
• implement a comprehensive strategy for scheduling and organizing practices and competitions, including team travel to ensure proper preparation for student-athletes;
• manage operational, fiscal and administrative responsibilities of the men’s and women’s swimming program;
• demonstrate a high level of involvement in the personal, academic development and health and welfare of student-athletes;
• support the office of Development, Alumni and Parent Relations with fundraising efforts and alumni activities;
• work cooperatively with department offices, including athletic communications, athletic training and equipment room staffs in regard to public relations efforts, practice coordination, health and safety of student-athletes and team uniform/equipment needs; additional collaboration with summer conferences (hiring of summer lifeguards) and campus recreation for student programing
• hiring and supervising assistant coach(es);
• oversee maintenance of the swimming pool and aquatics program, including hiring and supervision of student lifeguard staff year-round;
• additional responsibilities and other administrative duties may be assigned by the Executive Director Athletics and Campus Recreation.
The successful candidate will:
• have earned a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree is preferred;
• three to five years of successful collegiate coaching experience, preferably as a head coach;
• ability to work effectively in the environment of an academic demanding liberal arts institution and abide by all NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference and institutional policies;
• proficient with technology applications applicable to the position;
• maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record in accordance with all institutional policies;
• current certifications in CPR, first aid, AED, lifeguard training or equivalent (can be obtained after hiring, if necessary) and additional certifications (i.e.: certified pool operator) preferred.
How to Apply:: http://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/2929
Your Name: Susan Fumagalli Mahoney
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4/5/2019