Institition: Albertus Magnus College
Job Title: Graduate Assistant Diving/Strength & Conditioning
Position Description: Albertus Magnus College, a Division III member of the NCAA and member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Women’s Diving Coach/Strength & Conditioning to begin August 2019. Work under the direction of the Head Coach and Director of Sports Performance to assist with the administration of a successful Division III athletic program. Responsibilities include coaching, recruiting, and other duties as assigned by the Director or Senior Associate Director of Athletics.
• Assists the head coach with on deck coaching of student-athletes during practices, individual skill training, and competitions.
• Monitors and implements the strength and conditioning programming in conjunction with the Director of Sports Performance and Athletic Training.
• Assists in the monitoring of the academic progress of each student-athlete participating in the assigned athletic program.
• Evaluate opponent statistics for competition plan
• Adheres to the COLLEGE, NCAA and GNAC governing policies and procedures. Attends compliance education meetings; demonstrates commitment to both the intent and
spirit of applicable NCAA and GNAC rules and regulations; demonstrates integrity and professionalism in applying guidelines to individual program.
• Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, to include on-campus and off-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
• Assists in coaching and teaching skill-development in student-athletes. Instructs on team philosophy, physical and health and safety.
• Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings. Develops and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
• Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all the rules and regulations related to eligibility, academic performance, as well as
personal conduct and appearance.
• Assists in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes, to include both class and study hall attendance. Demonstrate consistent commitment
to the academic performance, retention and graduation of student athletes. Effectiveness of monitoring progress reports, progress towards degree, encouragement of
participation in campus/athletic department leadership and activities, implements programs that involve community service, and encourages the pursuit of internships, jobs
and volunteer work in academic area (s) of interest.
• Assist in maintaining statistics and analytics
• Assists with planning and coordinating approved fundraising activities as assigned.
• Assists with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned, to include interfacing with Departmental administrators and representatives of other
schools and conference.
• Assists with necessary travel arrangements. Travels with team and monitors the conduct of student athletes.
• Interfaces with Student Managers to insure that necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events.
• Monitors the condition of equipment and requests repairs or replacement, as necessary.
• Available to perform any duties assigned by athletic department.
• Maintains the academic requirements of an Albertus Magnus Graduate Student.
Qualifications: • A background of success as either a participant or coach in the respective sport.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work during evenings and weekends.
• A demonstrated commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy regarding the student-athlete experience.
• The candidate must also possess CPR/AED and first aid certification.
How to Apply:: Send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Head Coach, Lauren Pallone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Name: Lauren Pallone
Email Address: email@example.com