Institition: Susquehanna University
Job Title: Head Men's/Women's Swimming & Diving Coach
Position Description: The Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Director of Athletics. The primary task is to oversee, organize, recruit and develop successful Swimming & Diving programs in concert with the academic mission of the university. This position will also be responsible to fulfill a secondary administrative duty.
• Serve as the head coach of the swimming & diving programs
• Supervise the Coordinator of Aquatics
• Provide oversight of all operations and programming in the Natatorium
• Recruit quality student-athletes for the swimming & diving programs
• Develop and conduct organized practices
• Develop a schedule that includes representative and competitive contests
• Counsel student-athletes in a positive manner
• Demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior at all times
• Adhere to all NCAA and conference rules and bylaws
• Fulfill a secondary administrative duty as assigned
• Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as SU community
• Coordinate fundraising opportunities for the swimming program
• Develop and maintain sport budget
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent knowledge of swimming and good swimming ability; Patience and good people-skills; Flexibility to meet changing demands; Good organizational skills; Self-motivate, confident, energetic, and enthusiastic individual. Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
Must have, or obtain, certification in PA as pesticide applicator (core certification and category 24 – swimming pools).
Minimum of 3-5 years swim coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
Must have the energy and enthusiasm and mobility to actively coach the sport.
How to Apply:: Go to: https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1776
Your Name: Pam Samuelson
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 5/22/2019