Institition: Princeton University
Job Title: Head Coach, Men's Swimming & Diving
Position Description: Overview
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics (http://www.goprincetontigers.com/) is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Head Coach of Men's Swimming & Diving is to provide a quality varsity program which will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of a Division I program.
The responsibilities of the Head Coach of Men's Swimming & Diving at Princeton University include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coach swimming in a substantive manner that is consistent with the educational mission of the University.
• Engage in ethical and values-based coaching in order to develop the character and the skill of the University's student-athletes.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of swimming & diving, a sophisticated understanding of coaching strategies, and a demonstrated ability to enhance player development.
• Successfully recruit and identify student-athletes on a national level within the framework of the University guidelines and policies.
• Share oversight of the diving program with the Head Coach of Women's Swimming & Diving.
• Work effectively with administrators, the support staff, and other coaches and programs within the Department of Athletics.
• Communicate effectively with various institutional constituencies (e.g., faculty, administration, students, parents, staff, alumni and friends) in order to strengthen programmatic integration with the University.
• Effectively operate a competitive Division I swimming & diving program.
• Along with the women's swimming and men's and women's diving coach, continue to develop the Friends program.
• Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Bachelor's degree
• Successful background as a swimming coach.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics.
• Demonstrated organizational ability for practice and recruiting.
• An understanding of the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, properly implemented, can play in the educational development of our student-athletes.
• Commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
• The ability to work collaboratively in scheduling the use of a shared facility.
• Successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within one month of hire.
• Functional computer skills.
• CPR, First Aid, and AED certification subsequent to the date of hire.
• Advanced degree.
• Competitive swimming experience at the collegiate level.
• Experience of coaching swimming at the collegiate level.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (http://www.princeton.edu/hr/policies/statement/1.0/1.0.1/) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW (http://www.princeton.edu/hr/employment/eeocposter.pdf)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jwqrjn2wcjq3x35w
Qualifications: Apply Online
How to Apply:: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jwqrjn2wcjq3x35w
Your Name: Human Resources
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4/8/2020