Position Description: Vassar College
Assistant Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Coach/Aquatics Manager
Department: Athletics & Physical Education Department
Duration of Position: Academic year / Full time
Position Type: Administrator
Posting Date: 08-15-2019
Posting Removal Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 1001634
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke free/tobacco free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Coach/Aquatics Manager. This is a benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the Head Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Coach and the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Events. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.
• Assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III swimming & diving program. This includes but not limited to: on-deck and in-pool instruction for practices and meets, creation of practice plans, player and team development, academic monitoring, meet strategies and competitive coaching, recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, budget management and team travel;
• Assist the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities & Events in the administration of Kresge Pool and event management;
• Assist in the day to day operations of the pool to include scheduling of the facility;
• Oversee and coordinate the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, daily supervision of student and professional lifeguards;
• Participate in budget preparation and management of the annual operating budget for the pool;
• Ensure the pool is compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation;
• Pre-game set-up and cleanup for home athletics contests, physical educational classes and recreational activities or other events conducted in all athletics facilities;
• Game site management;
• Other duties as assigned.
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
Bachelor's degree and coaching and/or swimming experience at the collegiate level is required;
Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations are required;
Certification in CPR, AED, First Aid, and Lifeguarding is necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as needed;
A valid driver's license and the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a résumé and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) to: https://employment.vassar.edu. No applications by email will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority will be given to those applications received by May 30, 2019. For additional information please visit Vassar at www.vassar.edu.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
Anticipated Start Date: 08-15-2019
All applicants must apply online at: https://apptrkr.com/1461096.
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Position Description: Vassar College