Position TitleAssistant Men's & Women's Swimming & Diving CoachUIW Mission
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving coach will serve in all phases of a competitive swimming and diving program in accordance with the NCAA, CCSA, and University of the Incarnate Word policies and procedures, and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under University of the Incarnate Word’s Sexual Misconduct Policy with reporting responsibilities as set out in the policy.
UIW offers Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program, 13 Paid Holidays, Employer-Paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance 1 X base salary, Employer- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) – Medical/Dependent Care, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B), Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to Wellness Center, and more!
Job Duty NameCoachingDescription of Job Duties
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the head coach in managing and directing the swimming & diving program.
• Assist the head coach with all aspects of the team including training, competing and scheduling.
• Organize and maintain accurate inventory of equipment and uniforms.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Coordinate facility needs of visiting teams.
• Organize and complete all required paperwork.
• Assist the administration with alumni relations and scholarship fundraising.
• Commit to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the CCSA and the NCAA.
• Assist with recruiting including calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating high school and junior college players.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represent the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public.
• Complete other assigned administrative duties.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
• Good communication skills necessary to direct recruiting efforts through fall and spring signing periods.
• A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
• Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
• Communicate effectively – orally, by phone, in person, via social media and in writing.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
• Ability to market and promote UIW swimming & diving
• Ability to work various hours including weekends, evenings and some Holidays.
• Follow the Mission of the University.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the CCSA, the Conference, and the NCAA.
High School diploma or its equivalent
Required Work Experience
5 Years of USA Club Coaching Experience
A.S.C.A. Level 3 or better certification. (AMERICAN SWIM COACHES ASSOCIATION)
Other work related experience that suits the position.
-Division I collegiate coaching
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, AED, Coaches Safety Training
Work HoursPhysical Demands
Posting NumberAS735PONumber of Vacancies1Job TypeFull TimeJob CategoryAdministrator (exempt)Desired Start Date03/01/2019Position End Date (if temporary)Reports toHead Men's & Women's Swimming & Diving CoachSalaryOpen Date02/14/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to ApplicantEOE
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you currently lifeguard certified?
* Are you currently CPR and First Aid certified?
No, but I will complete within 6 months of employment.
* How many years of experience do you have in the related field?
* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
If you selected other, please tell us where?
(Open Ended Question)