Position Description: The general responsibilities for this position include:
• Promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of UTPB, the NCAA, Lone Star Conference, and those set forth by the University of Texas System and State of Texas.
• In conjunction with the head coach, planning and executing a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular practice sessions; coaching the student-athletes; evaluating the student-athletes’ performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes; advising and counseling student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
• In the absence of the head coach, the assistant will represent the program during practices and games.
• Arranging recruiting functions including on-and-off campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documenting all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engaging in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
• Scheduling and supervising individual student-athlete workouts.
• Participating in public relations activities as approved, including granting interviews with newspaper, radio, and television media. Coordinating and implementing approved fundraising activities.
• Ensuring that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and make recommendations for repairs and replacements as necessary.
• Participating in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved. Attending coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
• Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. The assistant coach may be required to drive athletes to/from events in a 12-person van.
• Providing a written detailed account annually for all athletically related income and benefits earned from sources outside the institution, per NCAA bylaws.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the athletic department.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to the recruitment and retention of student-athletes. Possessing an unencumbered driver’s license and the ability to travel.
All UTPB employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Prior coaching experience of a minimum of 2 years working in a campus or athletic environment or as a collegiate athlete.
How to Apply:: Apply online at: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/1927
Your Name: Cameron Kainer
Email Address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 7/6/2019