Position Description: Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach
NATURE OF WORK
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of the very successful women’s swimming and diving program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (This list is neither absolute nor restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
• Display an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic-10 and Duquesne University regulations.
• Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes.
• Support the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department.
o Provide student-athletes with appropriate on deck coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction.
o Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university’s academic standards.
o Manage alumni relations and organize community service events for the program.
• Assist in maintaining Tower Pool, manage and schedule lifeguards, assist in pool scheduling.
• Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials,
Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
• A thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
• A demonstrated expertise in coaching women’s swimming is required for this position.
• The ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is a fundamental competency.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.
• Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and USA Swimming Certified Coach.
• Hy-Tek Meet and Swim Management software knowledge is required.
• Certified Pool Operator License (Desirable)
• Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable for this position.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred for the position.
How to Apply:: Submit Resume, Cover Letter and three professional references to Dave Sheets (email@example.com), Head Coach, Women’s Swimming and Diving
Your Name: David Sheets
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 7/21/2019