Position Description: Truman State University is currently seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the program including recruiting, coaching, and administrative duties. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University. This is a 10 month contract (August-May), paid over 12 months.
· Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforce discipline, establish and oversee penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
· Help student-athletes grow in sport and life.
· Observe students during practice to encourage good athletic skills and provide guidance for improvements.
· Assist with student-athlete recruiting in accordance with University and NCAA Division II rules.
· Assist in implementing pre- and post-season conditioning and weight training, as necessary.
· Help provide counseling to student-athletes as an additional academic advisor.
· Promote Truman Athletics at various events.
· Assists and/or executes program development, develops strategies for competitions.
· Assist with all aspects of team’s annual fundraiser.
· Help coordinate team travel arrangements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1 year college work experience or 3 years of Club/YMCA work experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability to establish and build a good rapport and effective working relationships with student athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, college faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, the community or general public and representatives of local and national affiliations.
· Must be able to work collaboratively with the coaching staff and with a diverse range of swimmers.
· Ability to effectively coach, advise and motivate student-athletes.
· Knowledgeable of University, GLVC, and NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and irregular hours at times.
· Ability to pass recruiting certification within 6 months of employment.
· Ability to recruit high-quality athletes on a local, national, and international level.
· Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. You will occasionally operate University vehicles.
· Master’s degree
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite software
· Familiarity with team and meet manager software
· CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
· USA Coaches’ Safety Training certifications
· 2 years work experience at the collegiate level.
Your Name: Jerod Simek
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org