Position Description: Eastern Illinois University is seeking candidates for the position of Head Coach for Men’s and Women’s Swimming. The Head Coach for Swimming is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate Swimming program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of the University, Conference and the NCAA.
The Head Coach for Swimming will:
1. Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at Eastern Illinois University.
2. Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
3. Work closely with support staff for both peak performance of the athletes as well as their academic and social development.
4. Oversee strength and conditioning program, academic and medical issues.
5. Hire and supervise and develop assistant coaches.
6. Organize, plan and conduct safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
7. Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotion and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
8. Produce a quality team capable of a representative win/loss record as determined by University Administration.
9. Represent EIU at national, regional, state and local professional organization events.
10. Supervise all swim team operations including, but not limited to, NCAA paperwork, scheduling, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment, marketing and budget management.
11. Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Summit and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
12. Manage annual budget.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s preferred. Possess (5) or more years of coaching experience or equivalent. Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of Swimming. Ability to recruit and retain quality Swimming student-athletes. Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills are required. Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete. Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department. Strong commitment to the University, Summit and NCAA rules and regulations. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence is required.
How to Apply:: A complete file consists of a letter of application, resume, and names, phone numbers, emails of three (3) professional references. Please submit application materials on Interfolio via the link at http://apply.interfolio.com/65178 .
Your Name: Rich Moser
Email Address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 7/21/2019