Position Description: Eastern Connecticut State University is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. This position is a part-time 10 month contract.
Under the supervision of the Athletic Director and the Head Coach, assistant coaching duties will be assigned by head coach and will include administration, coaching, and recruiting for the ESCU Swimming program
1. Support head coach in ensuring that all matters related to the team’s student-athletes adhere to NCAA and Little East Conference rules and regulations
2. Provide a climate in which participating athletes can strive for individual and group improvement and excellence
3. Participate in coordinating, strategy, and planning meetings of the coaching staff
4. Instruct student-athletes about skills and execution needed to perform the sport of swimming effectively and competitively
5. When needed, maintain an active role in the recruitment of student-athletes, including: identification of prospective student-athletes and participation in the on-campus recruiting process
6. Contribute to a positive work climate and the team effort within the school, as well as demonstrate positive sportsmanship in everyday situations
7. Establish and maintain a professional demeanor with student-athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the community, and the media
8. Perform other duties and responsibilities in addition to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• First Aid/AED/CPR Certification
• Ability to pass background check
• Experience recruiting and/or coaching swimming at collegiate level
How to Apply:: Qualified Candidates are invited to apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references. The position will remain open until filled but priority will be given to application submitted by September 15th.
Your Name: Sarit Gluz
Email Address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 2/15/2020