Reporting to the Head Swim Coach this position is tasked with administration of aquatic programs, operation of the natatorium, and coaching swimming.
The Aquatic Coordinator will be responsible for the overall operations of the natatorium and programming of it; to include planning, development, administration, growth, evaluation and supervision of all Aquatic programs along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool. Will lead the preparation and manage the programs, operation and maintenance of pool.
The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach in all aspects of the Susquehanna Swimming & Diving program including: planning practices, incorporating new training strategies, executing home and away meet responsibilities and recruiting.
• Development and execution of programs in Aquatics; such as, but not limited to: swim lessons, water aerobics, and lifeguarding classes.
• Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate staff necessary to achieve success programmatically and operationally.
• Oversee daily operation and implementation of all aquatic programs by staff to members to assure quality service and programming.
• Regulate the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance and operation of pool.
• Maintain pool logs, pool updates and incident reports.
• Manage staff certifications and create development plans for ensuring availability of staff.
• Create and manage aquatic program plans including marketing, budget and staff requirements.
• Manage lifeguard schedule. Must be able to fill in for uncovered shifts as needed.
• Ensure safety and prevent injuries by supervising aquatics area and implementing best practices.
• Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
• Developing and conducting organized practices.
• Assist the Head Coach with meet day responsibilities.
• Counsel student-athletes in a positive and encouraging manner.
• Serve as a role model to student-athletes daily.
• Recruit high school student-athletes by emailing, calling and messaging; plan day and overnight visits for recruits and parents.
• Adhere to all NCAA, Landmark Conference and University rules and regulations.
• Develop positive rapport with athletics staff and the entire Susquehanna community.
• Represent the university in a professional manner when communicating with recruits and constituents.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Head Coach (such as mailings, updating databases, writing practices, etc.).
• Home meet responsibility to set up and prepare timing system and coordinate entries and results.
• Daily contact with students, staff and faculty. Occasional contact with coaches from other colleges and with university administrative staff.
• Filming with the Go Pro camera and video editing.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of pool mechanics and chemicals; equipment and facility management; Skilled at customer service and its relationship to membership development; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Experience using Team and Meet Manager software preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate.
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified lifeguard required. Certified PA cat. 24 (pool operators) license required within 3 months after hire.
1-2 years related experience required.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Will be required to work varied hours including evenings, weekends, mornings and holidays. Requires bending, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to fifty (50) pounds, and climbing. High level of staff and guest interaction and communication with all ages and diverse populations. Must possess physical stamina to respond effectively to emergency situations and work in a noisy, sometime hot, distracting and stressful environment. Must be able to operate various swimming pool mechanical and chemical equipmen
How to Apply:: https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1872
Your Name: Michael Tubb
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 8/25/2019