Position Description: The Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for all phases of a highly competitive NCAA Division II swimming & diving program including, but not limited to, practice and meet preparation, recruiting, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, budget management, alumni and public relations, and adherence to the rules of the NCAA, the Conference and Fresno Pacific University. The head coach must be committed to student-athletes’ academic, personal, athletic and spiritual growth and development, and demonstrate the ability to successfully recruit and motivate NCAA Division II student-athletes.
Please apply online at www.schooljobs.com/careers/fresnoedu
Direct any questions to Jeremiah Wood, Associate Athletics Director, via email at email@example.com
• Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
• Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
• Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
• Develops and maintains a swimming & diving program that is athletically competitive within NCAA Division II.
• Works to maintain an atmosphere within the swimming & diving program that is consistent with the mission of Fresno Pacific University, including the active demonstration and modeling of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Operates the program within the mission, policies, bylaws, regulations, and interpretations of Fresno Pacific University, the Department of Athletics, and the NCAA Division II.
• Actively engages the members of the program in meaningful and impactful community service and community engagement.
• Actively guides and mentors student-athletes into successful life patterns and choices including those represented by the faith and life commitments of the University.
• Actively supports and monitors the academic progress of student-athletes, including a commitment to a graduation rate of at least 15% greater than the general student body or up to 90% and a team GPA of 3.0.
• Is responsible for all administrative aspects of the program including scheduling, off-season conditioning, program equipment, program budget, and the direction of FPU-identified athletic/sport camps.
• Oversees, organizes, and conducts effective practice sessions including sessions involving individual work.
• Oversees, organizes, and conducts an effective recruitment strategy that, in good faith, focuses on student-athletes who are eligible within NCAA Division II and who understand and agree to abide by the faith and life commitments of the University.
• Actively supports and engages in fundraising efforts for the program, the Sunbird Club, and other FPU fundraising efforts as needed.
• Engages in the promotion of the University, the Department of Athletics, and the program as requested by the Athletics Communications Office, the Director of Athletics, or the University President.
• Works in support of FPU staff, faculty, and administration in all areas including facilities, athletics administration, athletics communications, sports medicine, student life, and academic efforts.
• Attends Department of Athletics meetings and major events (e.g. department meetings, workdays, athletics professional development sessions, Athletics Hall of Fame Banquet, Sunbird Golf Classic, End-of-Year Athletic Awards Celebration).
• Demonstrates a professional commitment to involvement in local, regional, and national program-related organizations as needed or possible.
• Facilitates the provision of all information necessary to determine prospective student-athlete eligibility.
• Provides complete off-campus contact and evaluation request logs and forms and monitors the permissible number of contacts and evaluations per NCAA bylaws.
• Provides complete and accurate expense reports, and follows all University and Department of Athletics financial procedures.
• Ensures team's compliance with NCAA rules related to playing and practice seasons including monthly athletically-related activity logs.
• In cooperation with the Associate A.D., monitors the scheduling process, verifying that the schedule meets NCAA and Conference scheduling requirements.
• Follows the established process for renewal and non-renewal of athletically-related financial aid.
• Ensures that student-athletes and assistants abide by the University’s ethical conduct and sportsmanship requirements.
• Responds to requests for information from athletics administration in a timely manner
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Previous successful coaching experience within the sport of swimming.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Expressed commitment to NCAA legislation and compliance
• Proven commitment to athletic and academic success.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous successful NCAA coaching experience.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Demonstrated success in recruiting at the collegiate level
How to Apply:: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/fresnoedu
Your Name: Jeremiah Wood
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org