Position Description: The Aquatics Manager plans, organizes and supervises day-to-day programs and activities in the SDC Aquatic Facility. The Manager should expect to have some time teaching and instructing certification courses as well as ensuring leadership presence during peak times and swimming lessons. Successful candidates will have prior experience managing aquatic facilities and staff. Programming will maintain the highest standard possible while providing a safe and high-quality experience for users and members. Support the Director of OR/Aquatics in the administration of adventure-based activities and experiences including but not limited to: training and in-services, guard and lesson instructor training.
1. Recruit, hire, supervise, and thoroughly train and develop personnel and volunteers as needed, including lifeguards, swim instructors and student supervisors
2. Direct and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the students and the local community.
3. Manage private and group swim lesson instruction, including staffing and training.
4. Teach CPR-Pro, Lifeguard Certification, and WSI classes each semester or on an as-needed basis.
5. Maintain accurate records and data pertaining to user loads, program participation, program assessment, and budget
6. Assist with the development of maintenance plans for recurring needs(annual cleaning, tile repair, etc)
7. Promote year-round usage of the pool by maintaining current knowledge of new trends
8. Schedule, coordinate and manage regular Aquatic Facility Staff meetings.
9. Responsible for conducting and documenting safety drills, audits, and monthly in-service trainings.
10. Coordinate with other Recreation Services Staff to schedule events including Intramurals, OAP, Youth and Adult Lessons, and Fitness Classes.
11. Coordinate with the IM and Camps Coordinator on summer camp aquatics needs including Hockey Camp, Kermit’s Kids, and Summer Youth Programs.
12. Teach P.E. Aquatic Activity Classes including beginning swimming, intermediate swimming and Lifeguard classes.
13. Create and manage the pool schedule for programs, open swim, lap swim, lessons, and fitness classes.
14. Perform duties with minimum supervision or direction from others.
15. Successfully complete any required safety training.
16. Integrate safety practice into daily activities.
17. Supervision may be exercised over other staff, student assistants and volunteers.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in recreation management, recreation administration or operations, physical athletics administration or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
• One year of experience in aquatic programming and/or facility management.
• Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
• Prior swim instruction experience with both youth and adults.
How to Apply:: Go To: https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/8426 - Select “Apply for this Job” - Then Sign in & Apply
Your Name: Craig Pellizzaro
Email Address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 9/27/2019