Each year the CSCAA recognizes its best and brightest student-athletes and teams through the Scholar All-America Award. Teams are recognized in both the Fall and Spring Semesters. Individuals are recognized following the term that occurred during their national championships (typically Spring).
- 2017 - Fall
- 2017 - Spring
- 2016 - Fall
- 2016 - Spring
- 2015- Fall
- 2015 - Spring
- 2014 - Fall
- 2014 - Spring
- 2013 - Fall
- 2013 - Spring
- 2012 - Fall
- 2012 - Spring
- 2011 - Fall
- 2011- Spring
- 2010 - Fall
- 2010 - Spring
The CSCAA partners with MJ Corp to provide attractive certificates for Award Winners.
Team Award Criteria
The CSCAA recognizes Scholar All-America Teams for both the Fall and Winter Semesters. In order to be recognized, teams must:
- Be current CSCAA members;
- Have achieved a grade point average of 3.0 or higher; and
- Submitted a complete application by the entry deadline.
Calculating Team GPA
- Team GPA calculations include every student-athlete who competed during the season.
- Team GPA calculations exclude nonqualifiers in the first year of residence and Permanent Medical Hardships
- Use each student-athletes' Semester (or quarter) GPA. Do not use cumulative GPAs- Fall Award utilizes fall semester/quarter grades, for the winter/spring award please use the team GPA for the term corresponding with the national championship.
Individual Award Criteria
Individual Scholar All-America is only awarded in the Spring.
The Scholar All American award is presented to college and university swimmers and divers, who have achieved both academic and athletic excellence over the semester/quarter coinciding with their respective NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA (National) Swimming and Diving Championships. In order to be selected, student-athletes must:
- Have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.50 or higher. This can be cumulative for an athlete's career or the semester/ quarter that coincides with their respective national championship OR cumulative GPA.
- Be in good standing with their team and institution throughout the entire season;
- Be nominated by a current CSCAA member or their designee by the entry deadline;
- Have achieved minimum athletic standards:
- For All-American Status, have qualified for - and competed - at their respective National championship either as an individual or as a part of a relay.
- For Honorable-Mention Status, have achieved an individual "B" time standard or competed in their respective NCAA diving qualification meet.
- Individuals achieving "B" standards as a part of a relay are not eligible.
- Divers who qualified for, but did not compete at their respective NCAA diving qualification meet are not eligible.
To be eligible, coaches must be members in good standing of the CSCAA.