Individual Award Criteria
The Scholar All American award is presented to college and university swimmers and divers, who have achieved both academic and athletic excellence over the semester/quarter coinciding with their respective NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA Swimming and Diving Championships. In order to be selected, student-athletes must:
- Have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.50 or higher. This can be cumulative for an athlete's career or the semester/ quarter that coincides with their respective national championship OR cumulative GPA.
- Be in good academic standing with their team and institution throughout the entire season;
- Be nominated by a current CSCAA member or their designee by the entry deadline;
- Have achieved minimum athletic standards:
- For All-American Status, have qualified for - and competed - at their respective NATIONAL championship either as an individual or as a part of a relay.
- For Honorable-Mention Status, have achieved an individual "B" time standard or competed in their respective NCAA diving qualification meet. Individuals achieving "B" standards as a part of a relay are not eligible.
Calculating Team GPA
- Team GPA calculations include every student-athlete who competed during the season.
- Team GPA calculations exclude nonqualifiers in the first year of residence and Permanent Medical Hardships
- Use each student-athletes' SEMESTER (or quarter) GPA. Do NOT use cumulative GPAs.
To be eligible, coaches must be members in good standing of the CSCAA.
Team Award Criteria
The CSCAA recognizes Scholar All-America Teams for both the Fall and Winter Semesters. In order to be recognized, teams must:
- Be current CSCAA members;
- Have achieved a grade point average of 3.0 or higher; and
- Submitted a complete application by the entry deadline.