The College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) announces the following recipients of the 2017 Jean Freeman Scholarship:
- Morgan Cooper, Smith College (Head Coach, Kim Bierwert)
- Jerry Cummiskey, Bryant University (Head Coach, Katie Cameron)
- David Dow, Williams (Head Coach, Steve Kuster)
- Lisa Ginder, Fordham University (Head Coach, Steve Potsklan)
- Rebecca Weiland, St. Cloud State University (Head Coach, Jeff Hegle)
- Paulina Ziolek, University of Texas (Head Coach, Carol Capitani)
The Jean Freeman Scholarship is given annually to six assistant coaches whose exceptional contributions have brought recognition to their college or university, and whose leadership, integrity, honesty, competitive attitude and personal graciousness epitomizes those characteristics reflected by Jean Freeman. The scholarship will provide each of the six selected assistant coaches with the convention fee, transportation and lodging to the annual CSCAA Convention and Clinic as well as the CSCAA Coach Academy. Recipients were selected by a committee comprised of members of The Summit, The Summit for Empowering Women in Swimming, of which Jean was a founding member. The members of the selection committee are Carol Capitani, University of Texas; Mojo Isaac, Skyline High School; Anne Goodman James, Colorado College; Stefanie Kerska, Ann Arbor Pioneer (MI); Susan Teeter, Princeton University and Jill Sterkel of the University of Texas.